1. Where are The Well Read Child Book Fairs hosted?
The Well Read Child Book Fairs are currently hosted in the Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia areas.
2. Do I need to attend the Book Fairs?
No, The Well Read Child Book Fairs are conducted like a traditional book fair and authors should not be on site unless they are a guest author interacting with book fair participants. Learn more on how you can be a guest author at a Well Read Child Book Fair.
3.Why do I have to pay a membership fee for The Well Read Child Book Fairs?
Membership fees cover the operation, logistics, and expansion of the Well Read Child Book Fairs throughout the D.C. Metropolitan area and aids in bridging the literacy gap that exist in addition to ensuring that all participating authors have a satisfactory and profitable experience.
4. How long is The Well Read Child Membership valid?
The Well Read Child Book Fairs are booked frequently and it is The Well Read Child Book Fair goal to host 5 or more book fairs per calendar year. Regardless of your membership level, your membership is valid for 365 days after purchase.
5. I've signed up and I am now a Well Read Child Book Fair member what's next?
After your membership purchase, you will receive an email with further instructions on where to ship your books. If you have not received an email please contact support at
6. What is the author's percentage of books sold?
Authors will retain 95% off their book sales.
7. How will authors receive payment?
Authors will be paid 3 days after the completion of each book fair via PayPal.
8. I'm a WRC Book Fair Basic Member, what if after a book fairs I have books that have not sold?
Upon the completion of each book fair, members will receive an email with book fair stats. This email will include how many of your books sold and how many you have remaining. If you have remaining books left, and wish to have them returned you are responsible for expenses incurred for shipment. An email will be sent with further information regarding the matter.
9. What if my books are lost, stolen are damaged during The Well Read Child Book Fair?
The Well Read Child Book Fair is insured and in the event that the aforementioned occurs you will be compensated for the retail price of lost, stolen, or damaged books.
10. Who can apply to The Well Read Child Book Fairs?
All are welcomed to apply regardless of race, gender identification or sexual preference, however The Well Read Child Book Fairs focuses on introducing self-published books to children of color in order to uplift, motivate, and inspire!
11. I applied for The Well Read Child Book Fair and my books wasn't accepted, why?
The Well Read Child Book Fairs reserves the right to deny entry to the book fairs to any author or business entity representing a book or product that is inappropriate for children or is discriminatory in nature.
Because of ongoing contractional logistics, book fair locations are not disclosed unless you are a member of The Well Read Child Book Fairs.